Koi fish is also known as climbing perch, koi mach, anabas testudineus etc. It is a local fish breed of Bangladesh. Koi fish is generally a freshwater fish. This fish can be found in small rivers, canal and swamp. Nowadays commercial koi fish farming in pond is very popular. Commercial farming method, classification, benefits of Thai koi fish farming and care are described below.
Benefits of Thai Koi Fish Farming
Koi fish farming is very easy and profitable. The main benefits of cultivating thai koi fish commercially are listed below.
- Demand of koi fish is very high, as a result it’s market value is comparatively higher always.
- Able to survive in adverse environment and mortality rate is very low.
- Can be cultivated in greater density.
- Can be cultivated in small pond or cage.
- Become suitable for sale comparatively in short time, within 3-4 months.
- Economically profitable and can be cultivated multiple times per year.
- Diseases are less in koi fish than other fish breed.
- Can be cultivated relatively in small capital.
- According to the formula, pellet for koi fish can be made in own house.
- Koi fish is mainly insectivorous. For this reason koi fish can be cultivated by providing insects, small fish, toad minnow, snail, oyster flesh etc.
There are about no difference between thai koi and deshi koi. But there are some black spots in the backside of the body of thai koi and their body is flat than dishi koi. This fish is very fast growing and can be cultivated in both small pond and cages. However, cultivating in pond is more profitable.
Pond Selection and Management
It would be better if the pond situated in open air and sunshine place. Clean the bush of pond shore. Cut the branches if there any big trees in the shore and ensure 8 hours sunlight every day. Especially small pond is very suitable for thai koi fish farming. The perfect size of the pond is 20-30 shotok. Small sized pond are easily maintained. Ideal depth of the pond is 5-6 feet. Firstly remove the water from the pond and make it dry. Remove the excessive clay from the pond because excessive clay creates harmful gas. Use some sand for minimizing the amount of clay. Sand keeps the water clean and environment of the pond fresh.
Using Lime and Fertilizer
After making the pond dry use lime at the rate of 1 kg per shotok. Use 5kg dung per shotok after applying lime. After using organic fertilizer enter water to the pond. And after that spray 200g urea and 200g TSP per shotok by mixing with water. Relese the minnow of thai koi after 5-7 days of applying organic and chemical fertilizer. If it become not possible to make the pond dry then make sure that the pond is free from all types of cannibalistic fish and other animal. For this reason using rotenon is very effective. After removing aquatic weeds and cannibalistic fishes from the pond use 1kg lime per shotok and after 3-5 days of that use 5kg dung, 200g urea and 200g TSP per shotok. 5-7 days after applying the fertilizer to the pond release minnow when the color of the water will be slightly green.
Feed Applying Rate
|Age (Days)||Feed (Grams)|
No Review is Found
Give a Review
You must have to login to give a review